Friday, March 4, 2011

REVIEW: ELF Flawless Finish Foundation

I absolutely love almost everything I have tried from ELF. Even if it hasn't been the best thing I own, it has never been just straight up awful to the point I can't use it in some way. Well, this product just ruined that good streak I was on. This is just crap, horrible, awful stuff.



PROS:
  • Nice packaging
  • Low price ($6)
CONS:
  • Everything!!
  • Rubbery texture
  • Does not blend/spread nicely
  • Makes you look very fake


I have a problem with the whole "don't judge a book by it's cover" theory. This has such cute packaging I just had to try it. Plus it claims to leave a flawless finish. Who doesn't want that? Well when I put it on my hand to start dipping the brush into it, it was like rubbery and already almost dried into a big glob. So I was like hm, maybe I should just apply with my fingers to heat up the product a little bit to help it smooth out easier. I wiped my hand off of the first attempt with the product. Then squirted a half of a pump onto my fingers and instantly started rubbing the product onto my cheeks. It was still just awful. The product was still rubbery and stuck instantly to where I put it on my face and wouldn't budge. I tried kinda putting it all over my face like that thinking you just may need to use a lot of product to get a nice even coverage, but nope. I looked like I dipped my face into a bucket of cheap foundation and put about five pounds on. 


I tried this foundation with a primer, without a primer, with different brushes, with my fingers, with sponges, and everything to no avail. If this product works for you, let me know how you apply it and any other interesting details. I can't get it to look good for the life of me. It was probably the worst $6 I've ever spent, sadly. I had such high hopes for this.


Would I buy this again? Heck no.

No comments:

Post a Comment